DVIS Digital Video Insertion System
Video Loop Creation Tool
This chart summarizes the latest firmware Upgrades available for the DVIS product. There are several types of Upgrade which may be applied and different results are obtained with each type. Please check your currently installed firmware before installing and contact ATX Networks Digital Video Support if your current firmware is not listed.
The upgrade file is one .tgz file in a compressed zip format. Unzip the file after downloading as the units expect the .tgz file to be presented.
- Minor firmware changes.
- Suitable when the unit is remotely located.
- IP parameters and login credentials are not changed.
- Encoder, Output and MUX settings are all reset to factory defaults.
System Recovery/Flash Update
- Fully replaces existing firmware.
- Suitable only when unit is physically available.
- Can be used to upgrade any firmware version or when existing version is unknown.
- Used to recover network parameters, login credentials or after mis-configuration.
- IP parameters and login passwords are reset to factory default.
- Requires full reconfiguration of all channel parameters.
NOTE: Flash Update Instructions PDF is available in the compressed file ‘Flash 4.22-3.21-10.54.zip’ in the table below.
|Current Firmware Version is Between||Remote Upgrade||Flash Update|
|Older than 4.21-3.9-10.20||N/A||Flash_4.22-3.21-10.54.zip|
|Newer than 4.21-3.9-10.20||Remote_ 4.22-3.21-10.54_Upgrade.zip||Flash_4.22-3.21-10.54.zip|
When available the remote upgrade option is recommended as it removes the need to reconfigure parameters after the upgrade.
Software Update Notification Service
Digital Video Technical Support
Tel: (905) 428-6068
Toll Free Tel: (800) 565-7488 (USA & Canada only)
Press *3 for Technical Support
Then Press 1 for Digital Video Products (DVIS, DigiVu, UCrypt, VersAtivePro, DigiStream)